April 2, 2013

Thank You Note card set


Hey everybody,

Gayatri here today. It is 2nd of the month and it is my turn to bring you today's post. I have not done a traditional card today. But instead made a Thank You flat note card gift set.

Here is the note card gift set for you. 


I will explain to you my design process and how this note card set came about.

I had these green envelopes from Stampin' Up! for a few years. They 5 1/4" x 3 1/4" size envelopes. I love the olive green colour of the envelopes.  I wanted to use them in my project. 
I also bought Colourbox mini gold ink recently which I wanted to use on my project. Finally, lace is trendy at the moment. Gold, lace and green together is perfect. 

What project to make was my next question? After much thought, I wanted to make a gift set. A stationery gift set. Thank you note cards are perfect.

Then, I went through my TCM stamp binder to chose the stamps I wanted to use. I chose Lovely Ovals which had gorgeous lace designs in it. Then I wanted Thank You sentiment. I searched through my TCM collection and can you believe? I didn't have a simple Thank You sentiment! So I decided to cut the "Thank you for all you do" stamp from Many Thanks stamp set. I love the font with a nice curve on that sentiment and is perfect to go with the lace design. I braved and cut the stamp so I now have the 'Thank You' and 'for all you do' separately. They can still stamp very well.

Many Thanks                Lovely Ovals

So after some trimming and stamping, here is a set of Thank You note cards with envelopes.


I love the stationery look of the note cards. They are flat so you write the message in the space provided. I also love the gold stamping. It shines at an angle. Gold and white are elegant together.


I also stamped the envelope with the sentiment using the gold ink to coordinate with the note card.

And here is the packaged note cards and envelopes.


I put them in a large glassine bag, used a green doily die cut, tied a bow using an organza green ribbon with a simple gold thank you label.

I played with photoshop and added some fun faux bokeh effect on my final photo below. Cool huh! 


A simple flat stationery note card set made using couple of stamps and packaged can make a beautiful gift to a co-worker or a teacher or your boss or for wedding guests..... Quick and easy to make.

Hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by!

Ta!

4 comments:

Donna Jones said...

What a beautiful set of note cards, love the gold on white and how you packaged them up :-)

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous set Gayatri. Love the gold and green together.

Rachel said...

my goodness this is beautiful. they look like they belong in a wedding set! gorgeous :)
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Stacey Schafer said...

so fabulous, Gayatri a beautiful set!