September 30, 2013

A Layered Thanksgiving Card

Hello, this is Amy here to share a project with you today.  Can you feel it??  Fall is in the air and I am super excited to be welcoming it with this fun little card.  I will admit that the fall months and Thanksgiving are my favorite times of the year. 

I created this layered pumpkin card with the Autumn Borders stamp set by coloring three different images and then layering the first one with some of the background cut out of the image on the second one.  For the third layer, I just colored and cut the pumpkin image to layer on top of the second one.  Here is a closer look at the image.....

Here is another shot that shows the layering a little better.  I used foam adhesive to give the image a little bit of a lift and dimension......

The Happy Thanksgiving is stamped from the Speaking of Fall stamp set.  I colored my images with Copic markers.  I also like to add a little bit of white pen accents to my colored images.  The patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye and I used some bakers twine from The Twinery.  I finished off the card with some stitching with my sewing machine. 

Here is a peek at the stamp sets I used today......


(don't forget that you can get this set free with a $60 purchase
right now in the Craft's Meow store..CLICK HERE for details)


Have a great fall day!!

4 comments:

Clare said...

LOVE this Amy! Fabulous coloring and fussy cutting!

Gabby said...

Nice card! Like the stamps, coloring, bkgrd paper and sketch. :)

quilt4fun2 said...

Beautiful Thanksgiving card. The layers really make a great 3D look. Super job coloring.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! loving this card and those AMAZING layers!! SWOON makes me HAPPY!!H ave a fabulous Week!!! ;)