August 2, 2013

Watercolour Technique!


Hey everybody,

Gayatri here today sharing a card I made using watercolour technique using Faber-Castell's Gelatos.
Here is the card.


I have used Hope Blooms Stamp Set for my card. Here is the set for you.

Hope Blooms

I stamped the three tall flower images on the watercolour paper using Archival Jet Black Ink. Archival Jet Black ink is waterproof. So the images will not bleed when I spritz water on the watercolour paper next. They I squished some purple, violet, yellow, orange and green colours of Gelatos on the craft sheet. Spritz some water on them. Using a brush I added the colours to the stamped watercolour paper. I let the colours blend and dry on it own. But if you are in a hurry, you can use heat gun to dry. Love the soft blended colours. Soft and beautiful! I then simply stamped the sentiment. Trimmed the watercolour paper to 4" x 5 1/4" and mounted it on the card front using foam adhesives. Here is the closeup of the watercolour panel.



I love love this technique and the results are amazing. You don't have to be a pro with watercolour technique. Gelatos makes it easy and great with many of The Craft's Meow Stamp Sets. Give it a go and show us your projects.

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs!

 photo gayatri_signature_zpsac2827ca.png


13 comments:

Michelle said...

Absolutely beautiful, Gayatri! The blended colours are so pretty!

Dawn T said...

just gorgeous.

Clare said...

Love this effect!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! I love the soft dreamy colours!

Susie W. said...

Absolutely beautiful. So soft...perfect for a sympathy card.
I love using watercolor techniques on my cards, but I don't have any gelatos. Hmmm, I might HAVE TO buy some. :)

Debbie Olson said...

So lovely and soft--fabulous!

Daksha Popat said...

Stunningly beautiful....loved that colours.

Daksha Popat said...

Stunningly beautiful....loved that colours.

Sheila H said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love your technique.

Rachel said...

this is just a WOW card. beautiful
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Darnell said...

This is really breathtaking, Gayatri! I can't wait to try this technique! Thank you so much!!

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful card, Gayatri - love the really soft effect you achieved :)

quilt4fun2 said...

The colors are very beautiful. Great shading too. Wonderful card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com