October 11, 2013

Friend...




Hi there!

I'm Jessica and tt's my turn to share a card with you today that I made with one of my favorite The Craft's Meow stamp sets: Potted Garden, illustrated by Clare Buswell.  I just love these flowers in the pail, don't you?  I stamped the flower image and added the tag image to the handle along with the 'friend' sentiment from the same stamp set.  How clever of Claire to give us several options for that tiny tag!  I wanted my card to be a generic card, suitable for any occasion, so I went with the 'friend' sentiment.


The image was stamped in Memento's Rich Cocoa ink and colored with Copics to match the papers (Solid from Stampin Up; patterned from October Afternoon).  A bit of dry embossing, some seam binding ribbon, rustic twine, a vintage button and my favorite doily attached with some stitching, makes this card one of my favorites.  Gotta love a good floral image, right?  

Potted Garden

Have a great rest of your day, friends!
Jessica


9 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey Schafer said...

absolutely gorgeous, Jessica!

Clare said...

This is so pretty! Great coloring and I love the bow!

Pam said...

Just gorgeous! And the little tag is so sweet, love these stamps!

Lin said...

Beautiful, Jessica - love the coral colors and the woodgrain with the doily together!

Iris said...

What a pretty card - love the geraniums, the pink background and the bow with the button and twine.

Lagene said...

Beautiful card Jessica!

Sande said...

Gorgeous! Love the colorway you have chosen and the wood grain is sweet. Perfect for any occasion or just to remind someone you care.

quilt4fun2 said...

Super job on this pretty floral card. Great coloring and I like the distressing and stitching. The bow and button are beautiful!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com