October 25, 2013

Golden Days

Hello!  Lin here today. Our fall is quickly changing now and I wanted to make one more autumn card before we get deep into Christmas and winter ones.


I used Karen Baker's beautiful set called Golden Days and stamped the larger leaves using distress inks.  Then I trimmed that panel down and embossed the D'vine swirls right over the top before framing it up and gluing it to my card base.  I made my sentiment from the same set into a banner, and then just added some enamel dots to finish.  

Here's the stamp set I used:  

Golden Days

Enjoy the rest of these golden days and have a great weekend!  

10 comments:

quilt4fun2 said...

The design of this card is beautiful! So simple and elegant and colorful. Trees are changing quickly here too and soon will be without leaves for a long time. I like the embossing along with the swirls in the leaves. Super job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Lisa Elton said...

Lin this is beautiful! I like your leaves over the dry embossed flourishes. A wonderful card!

adele holcomb said...

What a gorgeous card, Lin! The embossed and stamped leaf panel is beautiful and I love the overall design.

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous design, Lin! The swirly embossing over the pretty leaves is the perfect texture. Also love the layered sentiment :)

Maureen Morton said...

Loving these leaves, Lin - great way to add texture, too. This captures fall in a big way - and I love that sentiment.

Lagene said...

Fantastic card! I love how the embossed swirls show movement for the falling leaves!

Arlene said...

Love the card and the design is perfect.

mimijudy1975 said...

Lin,your lovely fall colors combined with swirls embossed over the leaves is just beautiful. I love how you left the white space ,letting the leaves shine. Even though I live in Houston,Fall is my favorite season.

mimijudy1975 said...

Lin,your lovely fall colors combined with swirls embossed over the leaves is just beautiful. I love how you left the white space ,letting the leaves shine. Even though I live in Houston,Fall is my favorite season.

Robin K. said...

These are golden days indeed! Love the design and colors!