March 19, 2011

Are You Ready to Meet Little Frieda?

I think it's high time I introduce Little Frieda to you, don't you? ;)

As I mentioned in my very first post, I've named the little girl in this series of stamps after my mom, Frieda Clark Allen. When I was pregnant with my first child, Mom asked me what I'd name the baby if it was a girl. I said I thought we'd go with Katelyn. She said, "how about Little Frieda?" Well, I had a boy... and then three more... so no Little Friedas... until now!

The first three in this series of stamps will be released on Monday. Two of them are single images with three greetings, which you'll soon see. But today I'm showing you one that's a little different...a scene. Do you remember loving to color when you were a kid? And do you still love to color? Well, then this little stamp is for you! Introducing Little Frieda and Lulu - Mischief!

Little Frieda is being naughty and letting her birdie out of his cage while her cat Lulu sleeps. The actual stamp is taller... showing more curtain...but easily cuts down to size. I went with a square to fit this week's sketch challenge at Sketch Saturday. And I really did have fun coloring this cute scene. I hope you will, too!!!

I'll be back again soon with more previews of Little Frieda! Have a great day!!!

27 comments:

Lori Aragon said...

How cute little Frieda is!!! And yes, I do LOVE to color : )

Very sweet Lisa!

Love n hugs,
Lori

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
she's so gorgeous hunni
i just love this one so much
thanks for sharing
have a great weekend sweetie
hugs angelique

Mona Pendleton said...

Lisa, Little Frieda is darling! You did such an amazing job coloring her and I love bright, cheerful color combo! Such a sweet story behind her :) TFS

Helen L said...

Little Frieda is cute, and you always do such a fantastic job at coloring in your images!! Beautiful card! Can't wait till Monday: Good luck!! :-)

kathy s said...

Frieda looks so cute and mischievious

Renkata said...

Hi Lisa,
ohhh little Frida look very cute and precious.

Debbie Pamment said...

AWESOME job with this little cutie Lisa - she looks fab in colour!
xXx

Bonnie said...

She is a sweetie Lisa for sure - love your card!

Sandie said...

What a CUTIE!! Can't wait to see the others :D

Tricia said...

I still love to color! This stamp is adorable!

Nicole said...

How cute! Great scene. Congrats and good luck!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

How stinkin' cute!!! I love the whole scene! LOL!
I still have some of my coloring books from when I was a kid :) and not one centimeter of any of the pages were left uncolored, LOL!
TFS!
hugs, margie

Lori said...

I just love little Frieda, so cute!!! I also love the Little Frieda story, enjoyed reading it again. Good Luck, I think the store will be a huge success!

Kristine said...

That is SOOO CUTE LIsa!! LOVE the way you colored this scene =) Your bird paper is perfect! Isn't that just like a mom? I had 2 girls and didn't go with a "Joan" or a "Louise", LOL! (after my mom) Looking forward to seeing what else is in store!!

Linda said...

This is adorable! I love the colors and the theme.

sallysbitz2 said...

This is a great image & papers x
She is coloured beautifully x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Chriss America Real said...

I love little Frieda! So fun! I am now a follower of your blog!

Grace said...

Lisa this is so darling! I just love Little Frieda and you have colored the scene so perfectly! Love the dp! Can't wait!

Cyndie said...

Such a cute little image! Perfect coloring, too! I love how you have added a shadow of the bird.

Stephanie said...

How cute!! I think this line of stamps is going to be very popular. I can't wait to see the rest of them.

Jennifer Scull said...

oh.my.gosh.
I am in love. plain and simple.
put them all on my wish list and send it to my hubby. ;)

Marianne B in AZ said...

She is a cutie! I love stamps with a scene! And, yes, it's because I love to color. Right nowI am using Prisma pencils and OMS...but maybe I will get lucky and win some Copics from a generous giveaway :-)

Marianne B in AZ said...

She is a cutie! I love stamps with a scene! And, yes, it's because I love to color. Right nowI am using Prisma pencils and OMS...but maybe I will get lucky and win some Copics from a generous giveaway :-)

Penni said...

What a super image, I love the little bird.

Hugs
Penni
X

THERESA said...

Well hello Little Frieda, nice to meet you, you sure are cute ............lol
Love the card , her expression is priceless.......LOL
Cannot wait to see more of her, will be back!!! lotsa luv Theresa

Joanne Gilch said...

Can't wait to see the store. This card with lil Frieda's debut is marvelous!!!!! Best wishes, Lisa, on this wonderful road that you have chosen.

Ren-Yi said...

What a lovely debut for Lil Frieda. love the lil mischievous look on her face.