May 3, 2013

Good Luck





Graduations are just around the corner, and instead of the general hat and tassel card,
why not stretch what usually is an everyday set for a multipurpose use?! Happy as a Lark is one of those kinds of sets that can be used for a multitude of applications.

I love the mix of fonts in Happy as a Lark, the sentiments are great for guys and gals.
I went with softer pinks and oranges for the girls, but you could switch
up the colors and patterns and this would make a fine masculine card as well.

I started stamping the background of the card with the large woodgrain stamp included in the set, first brushing some of the ink off with my fingers before stamping onto the paper. Then the sentiment and the bird were stamped with a darker brown ink. I selectively colored portions of the lark in with Copic markers. The card was finished with a solid strip and patterned strip of paper to ground the bird, and tied off with a burlap string bow.


4 comments:

Jean Bullock said...

This is a terrific card! What a great graduation card. To me the bird images says "Time to spread your wings and fly!" The patterned paper was an excellent choice.

Kelly said...

love the wood-y background!

Kelly Griglione said...

So love the non-tassel graduation card! That background is amazing ... I thought it was patterned paper!

maria f. said...

Beaty-full!