May 2, 2013

Thankful for you - a card using water colour technique


Hey everybody,

Gayatri here today. I am showcasing a carding using water colour technique.
This is one way of using this technique on your card. First here is the card for you.


This is how I did it. I took a scrap piece of white cardstock. I brushed water on it first. Then I randomly brushed diluted colours using re-inkers on the wet cardstock. This technique is called Wet to Wet Technique. This wet cardstock helps to blend the colours beautifully. Let the cardstock dry on it own. I tried using heat gun but didn't like the result as the colours moved and accumulated to one side.  Once the cardstock is dry, stamp the flower image on the coloured cardstock. I stamped a few images. I then fussy cut all of them. I layered the flowers with a few stuck on the card front and a few raised. Here is the close up the water coloured flowers.


I have used the Fuchsia flowers and sentiment from Celebrating You stamp set from The Craft's Meow. Here is the set for you.

Celebrating You

Beautiful flower images. I love when you have both the outline image and solid image in the stamp set. You can layer them both for depth or use them separately.

Hope you like my card. If you make a card using this technique, then why not leave a comment with a link to your blog post. I love to see it.

Thanks for stopping by!