May 29, 2013

True Friends

Hello TCM Friends!
It's Sharri here to share a friendship card with you today. 


I used the Cherished stamp set for my focal image. I stamped the full image on a piece of  pattern paper with Pumice Stone Distress Ink. I stamped the image a second time on Xpress It Blending paper and colored just the flowers with copics, YG61, YG63, YG67/ YR30, YR31, Y23. I cut out the flower image and adhered  it on top of the image stamped on the pattern paper. Don't you think softer colored background really made the flowers pop?

 I added rhinestones to the centers of the flowers. I did not have black rhinestones so I colored clear rhinestones with my N9 copic marker. 


The sentiment is from the Inspired by Audrey set. I stamped the sentiment on the same pattern paper that I used for the focal image. I cut the image out using a Spellbinders Labels 28 die. I wanted a mat for the sentiment but did not want to use the next sized die. I'll share a little trick with you ;^)
 I wanted the mat to be 1/4" so  I traces the outside of the same die that I used to cut out the sentiment then fussy cut it. 


I finished off the card with lace I found at an antique store and a bow I made using crinkled seam binding ribbon which I topped off with a vintage brad. 

Here are the stamp sets that I used:


Cherished


Inspired by Audrey
Inspired by Audrey

Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

Vijaylaxmi Siyal said...

wow...lovely card n flowers r really giving a 3D effect...liked both stamp sets.

Mary-Anne V said...

Very pretty flower...great colouring and wonderful bow.

Jean Bullock said...

Gorgeous stamp. You did a great job with it.