November 25, 2013

Talkin' Turkey!

Hello!  Lin here today with a couple of simple cards using some of our retiring stamp sets.

I don't know about you, but with all the paint splattering that has become so popular, I am always so nervous when I try to add that element to my cards.  After spending so much time on designing a card, it can so easily be ruined with paint splatters gone wild!  But thanks to an element in Karen Baker's Typically Teen set, we can get that same look with a stamp!  Since we're all short on time at this time of year, I thought a simple but colorful card might be just the ticket for you!  I stamped lots of splatters on this card, but using a stamp, you can do as much or as little as looks good to you!


I first stamped the splatters using 3 shades of distress inks to match the colors of the markers I used to color my turkey.  Next I stamped the turkey roughly in the center of my card, along with the simple sentiment.  And then I stamped the turkey again on a scrap, colored it with markers, fussy-cut it out, and popped it above my card.  This is something your kids might even enjoy doing, it's so easy!

Here are the sets I used: Typically Teen:

Typically Teen



Happy Fall

Both of these sets are on Lisa's Retiring Stamps Sale list!  I'm so sad to see them go.  And my sentiment comes from a current set, Golden Days:

Golden Days

And for take two, I had an extra cut-out of this turkey and so I thought I'd mix it with these papers from DCWV's Pumpkin Patch stack, and a Simon Says Stamp circle on a line die.  



The sentiment is from our Fall Fibi & Lilly set, which is also on clearance:

Fall Fibi & Lilly


We wanted to mention again that Lisa is cleaning house and has put lots of stamp sets on her Retiring Stamps List.  Prices start at 25% off and go to 75% off!! But they will only last until the stamps are depleted, THEY WILL NOT BE RESTOCKED, so don't wait!  Once they're gone, they're gone!

We're wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving from our TCM family!  Don't eat too much turkey!

5 comments:

maria f. said...

"paint splatters gone wild" - been there, done that. Thanks for the reminder about this cool set from Karen B. Such a cute Turkey Day card.

Lagene said...

These are so CUTE!

quilt4fun2 said...

2 sweet cards. The design of card 2 is so fun!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

A Crafty Person said...

Such darling cards for Thanksgiving! The turkey is so cute. I love the paint-type spots behind him.

Virginia L. said...

These two cards are so beautifully done! Thanks for the inspiration, Lin!